logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#316248 2024-10-12 06:53
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
I have a DSP5200 that is silent. The other speaker works fine.

I changed the two speakers to make sure it isn't a cable. The silence follows the speaker.

I tried to Type it by pressing 1 while cycling power. But all I see on the screen is a green dot. It's silent and it won't re-type.

What can I do?


DSP6000, DSP5200, DSP5500VC, P300W, SW1600, G68, 568.2, HD621, G57, G55, Oppo BDP-105.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs...

Remember you need to hold down the number on the remote control while pointing it at the speaker, and at the same time turn the power on to the speaker at the rear.
Double-check that the remote is operational as well!

If none of that works, then I suspect the speaker may have a problem and will need a service.

Good luck,

Steve


Main: 861v6 (LPS), 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SE Anniversaries, DSP5200.2HC, DSP7200.2, SW1600, Sky Q, Cambridge Audio BD, Roon, M80
Office: 861v4 (LPS), 818v3, 800v4, HD621, M&K S150P, DSP5500HC, M&K MPS2810 sub x2
Son's system: 861v4, HD621, DSP6000.2, DSP5200HC, DSP33
Spare: MCD, 100 Series, 200 Series, 500 Series, F80s, C15s.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
I know the procedure. The other speaker can be programmed to type 1 without any problem.


DSP6000, DSP5200, DSP5500VC, P300W, SW1600, G68, 568.2, HD621, G57, G55, Oppo BDP-105.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
I can't re-type the speaker with the remote control. But is there a way to re-type the speaker using the RS-232 port?


DSP6000, DSP5200, DSP5500VC, P300W, SW1600, G68, 568.2, HD621, G57, G55, Oppo BDP-105.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Likes: 2
I am able to re-type it now with fresh batteries. The old batteries worked fine to turn on/off and re-type one speaker. But they weren't strong enough for the other speaker.


DSP6000, DSP5200, DSP5500VC, P300W, SW1600, G68, 568.2, HD621, G57, G55, Oppo BDP-105.
2 members like this: 3dit0r, StuWils

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.112s Queries: 26 (0.086s) Memory: 0.8406 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:49:15 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS