Well that puts two units in the chain which adds a complications and is a nuisance. And the 210 won’t do Tidal Connect if anything happens to Roon.

There are lots of streamers from a WiiM Ultra, which is very well reviewed, all the way up to a Grimm Audio MU1 which of course also runs Roon and is a wonderful unit. But the Ultra is £349 and the Grimm Audio £10,000. Both are Roon end points and both Roon ready. I can’t afford £10,000, sadly.

If I was convinced by the 218 and it was equipped with RAAT I would feel happier. And if the 210 did Tidal Connect I would feel happier.

My sense is that Meridian hasn’t really got a streamer that will do what is needed. The 818 at £10,000 is very expensive and if I did have that sort of money I’d go for the Grimm as it would run Roon as a server also.


ROON Rock on an NUC across the systems
Sitting room: 218, DSP7200SE
Study: 218, Quad 303, Spendor BC1
Bedroom: Musical Fidelity A3CR, Chartwell LS3/5a
Various Sonos boxes in bathroom and spare rooms