I recall a story from way back that when Russ Andrew first heard the M80 he was leaning back in his chair and nearly fell out of it in surprise! He has supported Meridian from way back. Best relham Yes, they sold the M80 for a while, didn’t they? Russ is actually the reason I got into Meridian around 2011-12. At the time, the modified old Pioneer laser disc machine he’d used for a source for years had finally died and, looking for a replacement, he’d finally settled on an 808.2i and mentioned it was the best player he’d ever heard, so I got one. The rest is history! Being Russ, he modified his - last I heard he had built a case of Torlyte (which they use for equipment stands and speaker stands at RAA). I’ve never seen that one, must ask him for a pic. At least one of the other guys at RAA uses a full Meridian surround setup with DSPs, so they’re big fans of M gear there.
Last edited by 3dit0r; 2024-10-05 10:58.
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|