F80 was £1500 15 years ago. That is equivalent of £2300 today so the "Meppelin"  is actually cheaper than F/M80's When I said it was "quite pricey" I wasn't really thinking about what an F80 might cost in today's terms, more what this Ellipse costs vs its direct competitors and in that context it's quite pricey. Not that 'pricey' means it doesn't offer VFM of course; I'm sure it does that. It isn't a market sector that I follow but off the top of my head I think eg the Naim Mu So isn't much more than about half that price. Perhaps that's a poor example to pick but I wish the Ellipse well.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|