logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
MI' Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
And don't peep


Under review
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Originally Posted by Mel_Moon
Kind of funny that folks who like the M6 think that the DSP9 is ugly.

grin smile


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Muons I think


James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Corrected by this earlier post grin before I posted.


James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 28
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 28
Final thoughts DSP9 at the end -

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
The polarizing nature of how the DSP9 looks is a good thing for Meridian. It shows that they are doing something new.

I personally really like the look of them and would actually really love a pair. The problem is to justify the spend / performance and do them justice I would need to acoustically treat the room of which I can’t really do in the open plan space I would put them.

I’ve already committed to my theater build out and so will be really interested to hear how the DSP750 will sound mounted in a baffle wall when they arrive.


Dedicated theater room: 30'x15'x9
11-4-4 Atmos System. Trinnov Altitude16, 271, DSP750 LCR, DSP7200.2, sides, 7200SE Rear, 5200.2 front sides, 4 x 320.2 atmosphere, 4 x 24" GSG Subs, 2 x Stereo Integrity 12000 (6000w per sub each with own 30amp circuit)
JVC NZ900+DCR Lens Projector, Kaleidescape system.
1 member likes this: 3dit0r
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
I’m really interested to hear what you think also, once you’ve done the HT install. As I wrote above, it’s the route that I would like to take these days if/when I have the funds and the right property…


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Are we talking about M60 actives? I have those across the front with a Marantz processor and the analogue version of the DSP33. I don’t know M6s.

I sat them down, ran room correction in 2016 and forgot them. It is a pleasure to listen to in our mail living dining area and the Roomba plays along some morning during my coffee. They can fill the open room with a full, clear, meaty sound.


James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
1 member likes this: 3dit0r
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
No, the M6 is completely different to the M60. The M60 is the analogue active version of the DSP5000 and, I imagine, an extremely good speaker.

The M6 are these. An oddball speaker in the Meridian range, quite innovative in their way. From memory, wife and driver and a downward firing bass unit. I’ve only ever heard them as rear speakers in a surround setup, but I’m not a fan of the wide and mid-treble driver in the 3200s either…


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Thanks I forgot those. I looked on Duncan’s info and did not see them listed.


James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
I seem to remember the M6's did indeed have a single downward firing driver driven by a class-D amp [edit to say it looks like it had a horizontal driver too], but I never got to listen to them. IMHO Different types of speaker don't blend well in surround sound setups. They should have looked reasonably discrete, however.

PS The M60 was a great speaker. I sold mine to a friend fifteen years ago and they're still going strong!

Last edited by Jeremy A-H; 2023-05-28 15:54.

Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Look like artillery shells, so much better than brass trench art…

Last edited by Syles; 2023-05-28 08:16. Reason: Image failed
2 members like this: Kaushiksf, 3dit0r
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 342 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,177
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 43 (0.029s) Memory: 0.8920 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 20:25:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS