In terms of aesthetics, the easiest to live with that we’ve had were either 5200, or 7200. The 7200 is probably the sweet spot in terms of aesthetics/size/performance in the range, although 5200 with DSW is also excellent.

We also love our (refurbished) 5000s.

Personally, though, I’ve come to the point where if I was ever in a position to, I would just custom install some in-walls and hidden electronics, honestly. I use the system as much, if not more so, for movies these days and love multichannel and projected images. Whichever freestanding speakers you choose, that’s a lot of boxes in a domestic space and in-walls with non-visible electronics are so much more domestically pleasing if you get to a stage where you’re over “showing off” the hi-fi.

At least that’s where I’m currently at with it. Since I’m in a rental for the foreseeable future though, that’s a pipe dream at the moment. Very happy with what we have until that might become a possibility at some point.


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502