Oh dear. These are just ugly in the images I’ve seen and that’s the first impression area that potential buyers might see them. These seem to have been heralded as some great announcement, following from the news that the beautifully designed G series and 800 series units are phased out. So Meridian now offer some ugly electronic boxes in the current 200 series, a few rather nice speakers but at ever increasingly unaffordable prices and the great announcement is a £60k ugly speaker. Good luck with the sales boys.

Meridian used to produce great sounding products of the highest aesthetic quality such that they were lovely to live with even when they weren’t making music. It’s looking like this is thing of the past, which seems pretty sad.

I’m never going to be in the market for £60k speakers, I might dream of a pair of DSP8ks (maybe a bargain secondhand pair as a once in a lifetime, retirement, purchase?) but these don’t look a patch on the beauty of those, or the 7200s or indeed 7000/5200s. Mind you the DSP6000s never looked like something I could live with either so what do I know?

Regards

Richard


Main system; 861v8 ID41, DSP8000SEU fronts with DSP5500 centre and DSP7000 rears (all in lovely silver) 504, HD621
Second system 861v4 ID40 LPS, G98DH, 504, HD621, 2x DSP5200 with DSP5200 centre
MD600 tucked away in study. Lots of other Meridian!