I've said for a long time that Meridian's DSP speakers were seriously under-priced vs. their competition. Bearing in mind that Meridian of olde was never profitable (operationally -- it did make money from selling IP on a couple of occasions) and that Meridian of new is finally profitable, it looks like the new DSPs are at last "reassuringly expensive".

And there's the rub. Like many on this forum, I've benefited from the audiophile bargains that have been Meridian DSP speakers; but no more. I eventually reached the lofty heights of upgraded DSP8000SE for around £20k. That's not a paltry sum, but unimaginably tiny in the stratospheric world of Wilson, McIntosh, Giya, dCS, etc. The new price structure places me (and many of us here) out of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For those that can continue the Meridian journey, enjoy it! For me, it's been an adventure, but I've reached the end of the Meridian road. Long may my 8kSEs keep astounding me.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.