|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,391 Likes: 26 |
I have today received the DSP8000XE Performance Pack upgrade for my factory clamp ring DSP8000SE speakers courtesy of the legend Lee from Audio Images.
The upgrade consists of a new power supplies pack, rear electronics pack and new tweeter.
First disc in was Rod Stewart with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra CD, sound is sublime, Rod seemed in the room just in front of the RPO. Whilst the top end has much more clarity the enhanced bass performance is striking.
I then moved onto Top Gun Maverick in 4K (currently I mainly watch films/TV) and again the sound is stunning, more detailed and once again bass enhancement.
I suspect I will put more music on going forward, especially once I retire and will have the time luxury to really appreciate their performance.
I took a total leap of faith in Meridian with this upgrade as I had not had any opportunity to hear the performance pack anywhere. After 30 minutes of listening I am very happy.
I look forward to many future years of Meridian enjoyment.
Cinema: DSP750 x3, DSP3300 x 4, DSW.2 x 3, Trinnov A32, 271, Oppo 203, Toshiba HD-DVD, SKY Puck, Sony XW7000 PJ, Screen Research AT, Kaleidescape 4K 30TB Lounge: 861v8, 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SEPP, DSP7200HCSE, DSP3300, DSW x 2, 504, C15, Sony UBP-X800, SKY Puck Bedroom: DSP5200SEHC, G65, UHD722, G08, DSW, M6, C15, 210, SKY Puck Spare: 818v3
|