Originally Posted by CMB Integrations - Bruce
I have a 808v6 and a 818v3 in my demo room should you want to audition them. I am 5 hours from Birmingham.
Can you send me a PM so we can chat? I almost bought a G08 today on eBay. I am sick to my stomach after today. I sold my McIntosh MCD301 so I could likely get an MCT450 or 500 and use the MCT connection. So, for a last hurrah, my Dad and Wife joined me to have a few laughs on the last day with the MCD301. I wanted to see how far tech has come since 2012, so I hooked up the MCD301 to my 5 week old CD2700 tube digital preamp, which was only 8500, 2 different ways.

1. Digital out to the C2700's new and shiny DAC
2. Balanced out to the C700's balanced inputs

2 hours later ... we were all in agreement that the MCD301 sounded much better when it was putting out the analog rather than letting the 2700 decode it. So, I of course then compared the DAC in the Oppo 103D to the 2700 and it was a wash at best.

I don't know what to do next. I traded my B&W 802 D3''s and HTM1 for a new pair of Focal Sopra's. That same online dealer had a pair of white DSP7200.2 speakers for 7500 that I almost pulled the trigger on and used the other 13k on whatever.


Anthem AV 90M, McIntosh C2700 preamp, MC452, MC207, MC152, MCD301, Oppo 203, B&W 802 D3's