|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 49
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 49 |
I'm using Meridian 210 with coax connection to G68 I'm listening to Tidal via mconnect lite.
I have MHR selected in the Meridian app but cannot see any magenta, blue or green when playing master recordings from Tidal. I'm getting the orange signal on all my DSP5500.
Can I get MQA streaming from Tidal in this way or have I got it all wrong somewhere? Any *simplified *help would be appreciated as getting old and brain fog and looking like Marty Feldman trying to get MQA?
Thanks in advance James
G68J (power upgrade), G98, 5500x3 James Guiler
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
Hi Jim,
We believe MConnect (Nothing to do with Meridian) have changed the App in some way to block MQA, hence no lights on the 210. It has been reported to MConnect already, but feel free to do so to chivvy them up! Rick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1 |
Hi all,
I just got my 210 and have it connected to 218 and DSP5200, via SpeakerLink. The MQA light on 210 doesn't go on neither with Mconnect nor with Audirvana, while on 218 goes on, of course when MQA files played from Tidal. I guess this is because 210 is just passing through files and 218 is acting as decoder. Obviously you can't have it both decoding files at the same time. Probably 210 when connected directly to DSP speakers should activate itself as decoder and then MQA light would go on.
Anybody care to confirm?
Other thing which bothers me is not being able to execute firmware update. For two days I am just getting message:
"Error checking for update! Please check Your network connection and try again."
My network and internet connections are fine. Main Version 01.00.00 Net Version 03.06.83
Thanks for any comment...
Meridian DSP5200SL, 218, Mac mini, roon, Wadia Intuition01, Wadia powerdac 151, Naim Supernait Magnepan MG12, Tannoy ArdenII, Sonab OA14, Sonab OD11 Teenage Engineering OD11, Sonos Connect
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1 |
Just to confirm I am seeing the same (no light on 210) with mconnect ios app (paid)3.3.64.
Now following the text in the 210 owners manual :
MQA The Meridian 210 includes MQA core technology, which unfolds an MQA file once to recover all the direct music-related information. The audio is output from the 210 at a sampling rate of 88.2kHz or 96kHz. The final unfold of the MQA file is carried out if the output of the 210 is fed to another Meridian product which includes MQA renderer technology.
Since it’s not rendering, it should be normal there is no light, I never understood why there was one before in fact. What now has caused the change of this behaviour, as there was no firmware update, is weird. Ok there have been mconnect updates, hmm.
Before I connected both 210 and 218 in chain (speakerlink) then the light only showed on the 218. (Page 7 manual) I have no Meridian speakers.
What I noticed in difference with roon is, my receiver is switching to 96 when playing an MQA album qualified to do so. On mconnect it is not doing that anymore. So my finding is that mconnect is not sending an MQA stream anymore at all, I also noticed on the “play” screen mqa is not listed anymore, and I used to remember seeing this.
My versions are to my knowledge up-to-date and this is also what the device says when checking for it: Main version : 01.00.01 Net version : 03.06.90 BT version : v7.2
I notified conversdigital the company behind mconnect.
Guido.
Last edited by JBS; 2022-02-21 18:17.
568.1 Processor, 562v3 MController, 596 DVD Player, 504 Tuner, MC200, MS600, 218, 210, Roon
|
|
1 member likes this:
Alen65 |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1 |
568.1 Processor, 562v3 MController, 596 DVD Player, 504 Tuner, MC200, MS600, 218, 210, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 40 Likes: 1 |
Hi, When reading Does anyone use the Pioneer n70ae streamer for Tidal MQA streaming?& Hearing the feedback from the mconnect team: Thank you for contacting us. Please contact Meridian for the issue. The problem is related with their firmware. Best regards, Conversdigital support ---------- From: Guido Jongbeis Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2022 11:04 PM To: conversd@conversdigital.com Subject: mconnect Player 3.3.64 Hello team, I observed on latest versions of the Tidal app - MQA is not working anymore (using Meridian equipment). Roon with the same content work fine. Could you check ? I believe this is related: https://www.meridianunplugged.com/u...bb=showflat&Number=304141#Post304141We are going to need a firmware update from the 210 to fix this, can this be confirmed from Meridian side? Guido
568.1 Processor, 562v3 MController, 596 DVD Player, 504 Tuner, MC200, MS600, 218, 210, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169 |
Is this an issue with the 210 then?
G65, HD621, 5x DSP5200SE, MC200.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200 |
Since Meridian’s stated policy (see their website) is not to directly provide individual customer support; you should ask the PP from whom you bought your 210 to approach Meridian on this issue.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169 |
I bought mine direct from Meridian 
G65, HD621, 5x DSP5200SE, MC200.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200 |
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 169 |
G65, HD621, 5x DSP5200SE, MC200.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 465 Likes: 14
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 465 Likes: 14 |
Then call your mate Des 
M Customer since 1991... 2 Channel: 818v3 into 8000SE's running Roon on a Nucleus One with QNAP TVS-871-i7-16G 8 Bay NAS Cinema: 861v8, 2 x M6's, 7200HCSE + DSW Office: Explorer 2 into Shure SE846's Kitchen: AD88 Other Stuff: Philips 77" 4k OLED Ambilight TV. Hue Lighting System, ATV 4K & a lot of Apple stuff...
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
389
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|