Thanks Steve and Domin !

I haven't yet had a chance to try your suggestions but, I will so today (now - Australian daylight time smile ) and report back.

Thankfully, the 861v6 itself must be ok; I just tried to hook up my 800v4 as well to MConfig via same cabling (as a means of diagnosis) and the exact same symptom - 800v4 would not connect/recognise either. (Ie, I was sweating bullets thinking maybe there was a problem with the RS232 on the 861v6).

I hope there's a simple fix for all this.

I've toyed with thoughts of just buying an old RS232 Windows XP laptop but, even on eBay these are still hundreds of dollars, and I remember I did this years ago and the thing didn't work on arrival! Bit of a slippery slope..

Andrew


800v4, 861v8, HD621, PS3 slim, analogue speakers, Anthem P2 Amplifier (2 Channel), Proceed BPA-3 Amplifier (3 Channel), 2x HSU VTF-15 Mk2 subs, 2x HSU VTF-3 Mk5 subs, 2x PSA XS30 subs.