Originally Posted by Jeremy A-H
Originally Posted by Asa Post
I forgot to add that for your SpeakerLink you need to specify that, if you have a floating version, it is intended to be used as Meridian SpeakerLink; otherwise, you will lose your coms connection..
I don't get why this would happen. SpeakerLink was designed to work over standard Cat 5e before Meridian brought out their own branded cable - I've tried a few ethernet cables and all functioned perfectly.
More sophisticated cables do not connect all the RJ45 pins or connect some at one end only (floating construction) in order to reduce noise. For SpeakerLink use this could result in comms not working. Specifying that the cable is to be used for Meridian SpeakerLink ensures that everything works correctly. This is why such cables are called network cables or something similar as they do not fully comply with the cat specification because all the pins are not connected. AFAIK.


Asa Post