logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Depends on how much bass you like, free is the most then wall then corner. Sooloos or Aux is your streaming connection by default. What is set to Auto?


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
ARD
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
I have to COMMs set to "controller" I think it was once auto which is why I am asking as I don't remember


218 controller, 5200SE, DSW.2 sub, Roon Nucleus, iPad
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Auto is best if you plan to use a MSR remote.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
ARD
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
I think I finally have things configured pretty good. I do notice on the master dip 5200se I Have the red master light and a yellow light below. On the salve speaker just a yellow light. I did not remember the master with two lights on? Is this anything to do with roon or clipping? It sounds fine but I’m never 100% sure it right


218 controller, 5200SE, DSW.2 sub, Roon Nucleus, iPad
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Yellow light mean it is 88k or 96k input to the speakers.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
ARD
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
First I would like to add a word of thanks to all of you who responded to my posts. Between your comments and the research you pointed me to I have learned a lot and improved my sound and set up. Many thanks.

I am down to deciding my rip codec between WAV, AIFF and FLAC. AIFF as I have both Mac and Windows devices and think I want to flexibility of AIFF that FLAC does not have for Mac.

However, the threads discussing the path have added another research consideration. With all Meridian the 218 going into 5200SE’s using a Roon Nucleus. I guess my question is what is the best format in this Meridian set up?

Thanks again


218 controller, 5200SE, DSW.2 sub, Roon Nucleus, iPad
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Apart from DSD, Roon converts all the these format to LPCM streams in the Core and then sends that to endpoints. Or putting it another way the file's format is of no consequence to the endpoint.

So it's back to a matter of which one you preferer outside of Roon, which I think you have already answered.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
ARD
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Thanks,

I just got a new PC. I installed and set up Roon app and getting ready to rip my CD's per previous post. I noticed one thing ...

My iPad had Meridian Control where I could also get into my 218 settings. Is that not available for PC?


218 controller, 5200SE, DSW.2 sub, Roon Nucleus, iPad
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 59
On my speakers, DSP6000.2, position settings are boundary but on my 218 the settings are showing free. Is this correct? Is it better to use the 218 settings or the speaker settings?


Main Room: iPad Air, 218, Roon Nucleus One, Qobuz, 500 CD, AC12, DSP6000.2 (2007) & IsoAcoustics Gaia I
Studio Ω: MacBook Pro,Traktor, Ableton Live, Push 3, Novation Peak, Korg MK, Akai MPK 25 & 61, SL 1210Mk2x2, Traktor Z2, A&H Qu-Pac, Genelec 1031A.
Bedroom: Roon, Wiim Pro Plus, Genelec
Photo: Leica M with 35mm
LESS IS MORE
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Hi,

Those 218 settings are only for SpeakerLink speakers, which 'understand' the 218 Audio Menus.

In the 218 Audio Menus turn off 'Enable SpeakerLink' and then at the bottom of the page 'Store Settings',
because the DSP6000 aren't SpeakerLink speakers.
Then you will see that the 'Position' setting is greyed out and can't be changed, as it doesn't do anything with non-SpeakerLink speakers.

So to recap, forget what the 218 Position says as it makes no difference, and set on the speakers themselves.
Rick


Audio Images, 284 Glossop Road, Sheffield, England. Tel: 0114 273 7893
Website: www.audio-images.co.uk Email: Click here to email Rick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 59
🙏 Rick


Main Room: iPad Air, 218, Roon Nucleus One, Qobuz, 500 CD, AC12, DSP6000.2 (2007) & IsoAcoustics Gaia I
Studio Ω: MacBook Pro,Traktor, Ableton Live, Push 3, Novation Peak, Korg MK, Akai MPK 25 & 61, SL 1210Mk2x2, Traktor Z2, A&H Qu-Pac, Genelec 1031A.
Bedroom: Roon, Wiim Pro Plus, Genelec
Photo: Leica M with 35mm
LESS IS MORE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 361 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 38 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8811 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 15:56:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS