I just recently added a Pro-ject turntable and phono preamp to my G68-SL/DSP 5500 sound system. The turntable, cartridge and preamp are decent quality, not entry level and not super high end either.

Overall the sound seems pretty good to me but not great. I haven't tinkered with any Meridian settings yet, just basically plugged it in to the Tape input.

The interconnects are bargain basement variety at this point. I'm looking for advice on what level of IC's to upgrade to. The dealer who sold me the Project stuff said he could sell me two pair of nice IC's at $200 a pair or two pair of good IC's at $400 a pair to take the sound quality to the next levels. What do you Meridian wizards think about this decision? I don't really want to spend $800, but if it will make an audible difference in clarity, sound stage, etc. it might be worth it in the long run.


G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)