logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
It will be a while before I can make a useful reply: Innuos recommend 100 hours burn-in and for the switch to be left powered on all the time. This is so the clock reaches optimal temperature.

Network Accoustics USB III is pure silver so it also requires 100 hours burn-in.

For users of the Network Accoustics ENO filter please remember that it is designed to work in combination with a switch and located after it. The ENO should plug into the streamer or similar.


Asa Post
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by Jeremy A-H
I'll be interested in what you discover. David's recommendation has convinced me the ENO is a worthwhile investment, so I'd likely use it in combination with my PhoenixNet. That said, I have something I want to address of the headphone side of things first.
I am sorry but I did not notice that you have both the PhoenixNET and PhoenixUSB. What are your impressions? If you have already posted then I apologise for not being aware of those posts.


Asa Post
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Extraordinary! 100 hours burn in Wow! "So the clock reaches optimal temperature"! Why so little time for you to forget that we recently moved to BST, or is this BullShitTime. I prefer British Summer Time.

Confused Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
4 members like this: Sir Ron Ekim, Rolski, Albert, ChrisLayerUK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
The PhoenixUSB is extremely good (to my mind, significantly better than the SOtM equivalent), and I'd recommended it if you're running USB into a DAC. I haven't had a chance to test the ethernet side of things to my DSP's yet, mostly because of the twins being asleep when I'm not working, but I fully expect the PhoenixNet to be as good.

It strikes me a lot of thought went into these designs.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
I have the ENO AG to demo as a dealer, I will post my opinions as an audio guy after I have spent some time with it. My room will finally be going back together now that I have a 271 again. I have kept the new factory 8kse in the boxes until the room was back together. It has been killing me not to open them. For USB there is also the Audioquest Jitterbug.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
I'll burn the 8000SE's in for you wink


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Come on over.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
You're definitely on my list of people and places to visit when the lockdown ends smile


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
You are welcome any time.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by CMB Integrations - Bruce
I have the ENO AG to demo as a dealer, I will post my opinions as an audio guy after I have spent some time with it.
I am very keen to hear your findings. Please post them in the "Network Acoustics ENO filter" thread. Thanks.


Asa Post
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by Jeremy A-H
I'll be interested in what you discover.
Some will be amused, others will be rightly sceptical, and a few will be provocative and hostile. Those interested in hifi may like to know that the Innuos PhoenixNET is giving a cleaner, sweeter sound with a greater sense of scale.

I have found that it is impossible to asses this switch properly if it has not been fully burnt in (100 hours approximately). The switch also needs to be powered all the time and warmed up for a week. After this, there was a reduction of hardness and distortion on mass choral works or crescendos from baritones.


Asa Post
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (IanP, CMB Integrations - Bruce, ChrisSwain), 283 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.068s Queries: 39 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8882 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 14:14:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS