Hello I would be grateful if any members could share any insights into an issue I’m experiencing with a pair of DSP5000 24/96 speakers that I’ve recently acquired.

When I power up the speakers from cold and start playing music they sound fantastic with well controlled bass, open mids and nice sparkly treble.

However, if I have them on for a while and go back to listen again, the treble seems to have lost its sparkle and clarity almost as if a veil has been placed over the speakers. They still sound good but there definitely seems to be a change in the sound - where they sometimes (I think when cold) sound great and other times more muffled. This is using the same source - either CD or Sonos via a 568.2mm processor, and still happens if I plug the source directly into the 5000.

I’ve wondered if it could be due to capacitors being old and performing more poorly when warm, but as I understand it each speaker takes the same digital signal and decodes either left or right channel using build in DACs.

The sound from both speakers seems to change - which would suggest both speakers have identical faults, which seems unlikely. Any advice would be appreciated - when I first power the speakers up they sound amazing, but much less so when I come to listen again later. I’m certain I’m not imagining it - odd as it all sounds.

Thanks