I should thank in turn Asa Post for his original recommendation. Glad you find it enhances your listening experience. What it does is remarkable for a passive filter invented and sold by a tiny company.
The logic of not using the moat side of the Etherregen is that I don’t need it; I would be happy to replace it with a cheaper switch. I did try a basic netgear one but it sounded much worse. I would be happy to recover some of the money but I don’t want to compromise the benefits brought by the ENO. I will keep an eye open for any recommendations that might fit the bill, but it’s not a priority for me at the moment. Currently the moat is used to feed my Apple TV and it brings some improvement in sound, but the heat it generates makes it a bit more difficult to locate.
Main system: NUC, Roon, Network Acoustics Ag ENO/cable, 218, 5200SE, Townsend Podium, Sennheiser HD820/800s, Sennheiser HDVA 820 amp. Mobile: Explorer, IE800 Kitchen: MS200, F80
|