|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715 Likes: 16
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715 Likes: 16 |
Hi
Is it possible to use an MD600 with Roon and if so will it be good?
Thanks
Neil
1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.
2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 31 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 31 Likes: 1 |
I'm told a conversion to run Roon and use the MD600 as a NAS is possible but I've not had it done yet. I suggest you contact our friends at MrTechGuy for the details. If you have it done please do report back.
Main: MD600 > 818v3, Stax T8000/SR-X9000, SME 15/IV, PS Audio Stellar Phono, Musical Fidelity A3cr power amp, Dynaudio Special 40s. Study: MD600 > Moon 300D, Stax SRM-3/Lambda Classic.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 696 Likes: 18
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 696 Likes: 18 |
People have used a TwinStore as a NAS with Roon. You connect via smb
smb://the IP address/ (TwinStores IP)
Have you tried with your MD600?
Regards Greg
M owner since '97
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43 |
Hi,
Mr TechGuy are currently converting my old MC200 for Roon (although I haven’t heard from them for a while) but it would be useful if I could use my MD600 as a NAS backup, so I might inquire further on that as an option. Is anyone actually doing that with a MD600?
Brian
Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2 System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6. Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
It works fine as a network store. I was using it as such at the very start of testing Sooloos-v3/Roon.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
1 member likes this:
Neil H |
|
|
|
2 members (Neill, swpnt),
233
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|