Hi there,
Re Rolski’s query on “improvement”, I mean SQ. Handshake stability is, I should think, a basic requirement.
Re Brian’s comment, I missed the discussion on the Chord HDMIs, Will look out for it (assuming it’s not the one I took part in a wee while ago). Sorry - my interest in SQ is not confined the the pvr interconnect. Also with perfecting an HDMI interconnection between an Oppo BRP and my 808 which is used solely for 2 channel audio. The dreaded itch.
Re the TV set up, one makes one’s choices. I could have fed all HDMI’s into back of the telly, and used the optical feed into the 218 (which I do anyway). But I opted for the operational convenience, and hopefully improved SQ, of routing them all through a HD621.
Had more or less given up on improving the SQ from the pvr, but had one more fiddle with the cables!!!
The “problem” is, my music set up upstairs is now so good, that it reveals how poor the tv SQ is.
So now I am here, how can I perhaps make my telly sound better? Or perhaps the music? Another itch.
Or maybe free-to-air sound is just crap, and we have to put up with it?