With regard to your current situation - what is it that you find poor about TV quality audio?
I do a lot more streaming now, especially Netflix. My Sony AG8 65” is the source, with an optical out cable to my 861V4.
Maybe I am used to the audio but generally I find it ok. The only time I get annoyed is with Netflix, when at times, I can hear a repeatable ‘bubbling’ type noise under the main audio track, with 5.1 content. More notable in the rear channels with opening credits or music in the programme but overall quite subtle. It reminds though of the video issues I see from time to time around dark scenes - blacks don’t always resolve well, there is an element of macrblocking. I am not sure if the issues I hear and see are due to the compression methods ie it’s just the way it is and or limitations of my TVs processing.
Main: Marantz SR8015 / Polk Audio Reserve R500 / Bang & Olufsen Beolab 4 / Arendal 1961 1V / Oppo 203 / WiiM Pro Plus / Apple TV 4K
Spare: G68ADV, HD621,DSP5000.2 & DSP5000.2 HC. ATC SCM20PSL, C3C. Rotel RMB-1077. Bang & Olufsen Beolab 1 & Beolab 7.1. Kef Q150. Dynaudio Xeo 2.
|