logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#295927 2020-09-16 08:31
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hi all,

I am trying to download the M config software but the server appears to be down. well at least for me. this has been since at least the last 5 days.

It comes up with 'Failed to access the Meridian web site update area. Please check your internet connection.


My internet connection works fine. I can do anything else I want except connect to M's server.


Can anybody else try to see if you can update your config software etc? Just want to eliminate that for some strange reason I cannot get into the server.

Thanks

Craig


Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Craig,

Using the "support" link at the bottom of this page, I was able to navigate to the configuration page and then install:

- Meridan Common Installer
- Meridian Sooloos Configure

Once downloaded, I was able to install and run both.

Using the Common Installer, I was able to update my installation of Mconfig (v3.07 build 3592) etc.
All seemed fine.

How does this compare to your method / experience?

Regards.
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Carl,

Thanks for the reply. Still can't access the server etc. Can download and install the Sooloos Configure but I really need the WinFUPSetup.exe to work as my 861v8 has come up with a bad code configuration so no audio etc. I have to re-flash the firmware etc.

I did have all the software on my old Mac Book Pro but it died weeks ago and I bought a new one and have installed Win 7 (parallels) and all works fine except connecting to M's server when I run any of the setup files.
Under Win 7 I can do a speedtest, go to any website I can think of etc, do email and have even used various VPN locations (I don't have that on) to see if that was the problem for some strange reason.

Carl, I also did message you on the weekend but please disregard that message as I found what I was looking for when I last asked you the same question.

Craig


Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
I ran into this and found I needed to change my Ethernet settings for the virtual ethernet card in Parallels.
I forget what I changed it to, but I think it was to share the IP address with MacOS rather than use its own.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Thanks for the reply. I have tried VMWare fusion also with the same result strangely as the internet works absolutely fine in all other areas I can think of trying except M's server.
I will certainly have a more in-depth look into the system settings when I get home and keep trying.

Thanks

Craig


Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
In my case, everything else worked fine too. It just messed up the Meridian app. Don’t forget you can’t change these settings with the vm running...


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
All working.
Thanks for the reply guys. Much appreciated.


Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.


Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Justin), 267 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 29 (0.021s) Memory: 0.8505 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 21:21:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS