I use the Fire HD 10 for Roon and have done for some time. It works just as well as my iPad mini which I felt was a bit small. I don't find it at all sluggish and finds my core every time it's used, the screen size for me is good and very useable.

You can side load play store if you wish which will allow you to download the App from google but there's no need as the App can be downloaded direct from Amazon.

It does load from sleep okay without having to relaunch, you may find you need to relaunch very occasionally but in my experience not much. Graphics are fine and pretty sharp. I have no real drawbacks apart from not being able to use it in portrait mode but that's the same with most devices for Roon.

A cheap price for a Roon remote!

Hope this helps.


Scotav