I suppose that one of the frustrations that some long term users feel is that they thought they had bought into lifetime software support/upgrades with their Meridian hardware purchase and therefore feel let down. It changes the nature of the relationship, and I think it’s a measure of the perceived value of such that some users feel a loss.

I have made the switch to Roon lifetime personally, and enjoy many of the upgrades that it comes with. My main frustration is that it is nowhere near as stable as Sooloos was. I don’t think I can remember Sooloos falling over. Roon, however, freezes (quits playing - music or radio - app still looks like it’s working) periodically. Sometimes after less than a day, sometimes after a week or so. I started running Roon on an older Mac mini with the music on a QNAP 429 and thought the problem might be that the Mac was not up to the task. I’ve replaced it with a dedicated Intel NUC that’s over the top for ROCK spec’s, but still have the same problem. I do have a lot of music (over 346,000 tracks) and do need to clean up some duplication, so maybe that’s the issue. The current solution is to navigate by browser to the ROCK page and restart the software or reboot.


Cheers, Ian

1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4
2. 808.6, 8kSE
3. 218, 3200's
4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system
5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD