logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by Ian
Let me guess, its 'within spec'. I have similar on Prime PSU - its even been compared next to another Prime PSU that was totally silent - just as I expect them to be
I didn't get that far! The dealer got in touch with Meridian, Meridian emailed to ask me about whether I had tried it in different sockets. I then played around with sockets for a bit and replied to say it made no difference at which point they went silent, despite repeated emails from me asking what we should do next.

It's difficult to say what it causing it, but I can say it is coming from the LED display at the very top of the unit. I wonder if there is a transformer hidden in that circuit?


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by 3dit0r
Maybe worth asking a good PP/dealer if they can have a look and sort these buzzes?
Yes, I think I need to bring the dealer back in. They have been copied on the thread, but I guess they thought it was being handled by Meridian HQ.

I would say Meridian were very good at fixing my 818, they collected the unit, diagnosed a faulty USB chip, replaced the digital input board, tested it and had it back to me within a week. Maybe he was the last person to leave?


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 53
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 53
A little worrying to read these reports of recent issues with SE speakers. Ive just ordered some new 5200SE’s, hope I don’t need to be concerned?


Meridian 218, 5200SE, Auralic Aries G1, Panasonic DP-UB9000
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
The problem with forums is we tend to hear all the problems in a similar way that doctors only see sick people. Most people do not have issues and you don’t hear from them often.
All the more reason for Meridian to play closer attention to fixing these things promptly, it effects their reputation disproportionally.
I’m sure you are going to love your SEs. Mine keep astonishing me as to how good they articulate music.

Last edited by ChrisLayerUK; 2020-02-25 07:35.

No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
The problem with forums is we tend to hear all the problems in a similar way that doctors only see sick people. Most people do not have issues and you don’t hear from them often.
This.

SEs of any flavour are amazing speakers.

Enjoy!


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
The problem with forums is we tend to hear all the problems in a similar way that doctors only see sick people. Most people do not have issues and you don’t hear from them often
Agreed, Meridian equipment sounds fantastic and has proven extremely reliable in my 25 years' experience of them and I wouldn't be at all concerned.

My point was more that, if you have (minor) issues, you have to wonder whether there is anyone listening.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
You would be surprised how well this forum is monitored. If a dealer leaks any info they should not, it is quickly called out.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Well, I suppose that is good to know.

Then while I have their attention I'll quickly put it out there.. why do your small DSP speakers not have IR receivers and displays?! smile


Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K
Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold
Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 386
Likes: 30
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 386
Likes: 30
And where are my MQA firmware updates for the 218 and DSP5200SE center speaker that I purchased two years ago?


Server: Audiolinux Roon NUC w/HAF room correction and crosstalk cancellation
Theater: 218, Allo Signature, miniDSP, HD621, C61R, DSP5200SEu, 420, 33, NHT subs
EtherREGEN w/Finisar fiber, Shunyata Denali
Living Room: RPi4 Diretta Host & Target, Ghent USB > Singxer SU-6 > AES NA M-Links > DSP9
Shunyata TritonV3, LHY lps, Farad Super3, Stack AUVA feet
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (enjorl), 380 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 33 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8676 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 09:17:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS