My wife and I were having a similar conversation at the weekend. I've been interested in hi-fi since the '60s. I saved for a GL101 over an SP25 Mk4 as it was belt rather than idler. I remember the impact (design as well as sonic) of the Lecson Pre/Power combo. I believe that was the first outing of Boothroyd + Stuart. I lusted after one for years. I even saw one in the display case at the back of Meridian reception when I took my 506 there for repair (hi Russ) in 2006 or so.
They were for many years a UK audiophile aspirational brand - looked and sounded great. Following their own path but always with sonic excellence and leading edge design - and with a specific focus on digital, thanks to Bob Stuart. Now? Not sure that's the case anymore. Yes, the products are excellent but are in a different market to simple audiophile. It seems to me that Bob Stuart has ploughed his own furrow with MQA (and that's a truly exceptional audio achievement of which he and Meridian should be justly proud) but the lifestyle and home cinema and car focus of the rest of Meridian's range has moved them on from what interests me. I wish them well but wouldn't buy anything - not relevant.
A shame as there are still many brands around still playing in the audiophile / hi-fi space (one of the reasons I look forward to HFNRR landing on the mat each month) and why I really appreciate this forum, Meridian Legacy and Mr Tech Guy - without which, I would have given up on my Meridian 500 stack long since.
In comparison, my vinyl source is currently back with an official dealer for an official manufacturer upgrade some 45 years after it was made. Now that's what I call an audiophile

Meridian has moved on and left me behind. If they do a retro Lecson, however, I would forgive them much.
