I don't think that improves things dramatically though. I don't particular mind the 2 box solution (though I don't know how convinced I am as to the reasons) but it still means you're spending over £5000 for a 5.1 processor which only supports dolby digital, DTS and LPCM... yeah, I know it's got 7.1 output but unless it takes a 7.1 input then it doesn't really matter.
At least the 861 accepts a 7.1 input but when you look at what it's competing with in it's price range, it's still vastly behind. I like the speakers, I really do and I think they are clearly the star of the line-up but for me personally, the processors are a major let down...
That's not to say I wouldn't like a second hand G65 and a pair of DSP3300's. I would and I know it would sound amazing, but would I pay brand new money for that processor...? There's a lot of choice in that price range with leagues more functionality...
Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2
|