Current price is £543 ($699) for a lifetime, you delayed buying the lifetime and missed out on the £388 ($499) previous price but there is no use crying over spilt milk, if you fear it may go up to $1000 then I would buy now and not delay.

Only you can decide if it is good value to you, If I was you I would buy now along with a nice bottle of wine and enjoy both as I am sure you would, distilling everything down to its monetary value alone often misses the real value of the product.