logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
Oh. I assume that is a restriction imposed by the BBC on any foreign IP addresses. Is that correct?


Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K
TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C)
Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3
Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Yes, the "HiRes" streams are geo-locked.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
#287555 2019-09-07 10:10
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
There are changes afoot for BBC radio stations...

Originally Posted by Ratbert
Will Sooloos cope with these changes?

Just for completeness, I am still able to stream The Archers


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Good man... Another Archers fan... now, where did I leave that shotgun? Hmmm.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
FWIW, as of iOS 13 TuneIn Radio is to be integrated into Apple Music ‘soon’.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
It appears that "BBC Radio 4" is no longer working via Sooloos.

Searching TuneIn again I found a new channel called "Radio 4" which is carrying the BBC Radio 4 material but with a different logo.


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Gianni, I suspect that may be Radio 4 LW.

I now have two Squeezebox Booms which we normally leave connected to mysqueezebox.com for preset-button-based radio and alarm radio. Now useless; and all because the BBC wants to "track" its listeners. They really have forgotten whom they're serving.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Hi Gianni
I have no BBC Channels playing via Sooloos. Would you like to make an offer for your old 504 cry


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Thanks for the replies gents.

I guess I'll find out soon enough if it is LW crazy

The main panic was getting up and running for the 14:00 Archers episode cool


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
I revisited the link I originally posted above and see that there a significant degree of negative feedback has appeared today.

And in standard British tradition I have submitted a strongly worded complaint via the BBC on-line feedback system.


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
I had to put URLs manually into my Bluesound devices last night when they disappeared.
Luckily I have the URL’s in Roon.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
It won’t satisfy most on here, but if you have a Meridian 210, and a suitable mobile device, the BBC Sounds app is your friend - by choosing ‘connect via’ (Bluetooth) in settings.

BBC Sounds also connects via AirPlay, but Meridian chose not to include this feature on the 210 (!).


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (CMB Integrations - Bruce, Dave02, Richard W), 287 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 40 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8899 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:06:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS