Significant Roon update released today well worth having a read of the Roon Release Notes.
Something to consider is that I hear quite a lot of noise that the Roon lifetime licence may not be available for much longer? This is just my feeling based on what I hear, I have no inside knowledge. This may not be an issue for you but if you are considering moving from Sooloos to Roon it would be a shame to miss out?
Not sure where that info comes from Russ. It's always possible that we will choose to remove the lifetime license, but this was posted by Danny 11 days ago:
Originally Posted by Danny Dulai, Roon COO
It comes up every 3 months of whether we should kill it. But it never goes anywhere… don’t know what the future holds here. I think we are due for another conversation at the end of the month
First of all thanks to all the Roon developers for another release - clearly a lot of hard work in this one.
Secondly, the comment above has reminded me I meant to ask what happens if you want to move from a yearly to lifetime sub? E.g., if you just renewed a yearly sub, do you get the remainder of that off if you upgrade to a yearly, or is it best to wait until your next subscription renewal month?
Yes, they will credit unused months against the cost of the lifetime subscription. Despite my Luddite tendencies expressed in other threads, I actually upgraded last summer!
Yes, they will credit unused months against the cost of the lifetime subscription. Despite my Luddite tendencies expressed in other threads, I actually upgraded last summer!
Good man George Strictly, I believe we credit unused months of the *current* annual subscription, so if you're in your third year, you won't get credit for the first two years. That would be an insane business decision!
Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Haha, yes, I assumed that would be the case - I wouldn't expect to be credited for months I've already used, just not waste months if I were able to upgrade to Lifetime earlier than my next subscription renewal date.
Nice update. But, who changed the positions of the keep\reject buttons on the playlist selection? I keep going into autopilot and hit the wrong one
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
I particularly like how it is now possible to see all the different Versions of an album including Tidal and Qobuz. So I can compare my various versions (masterings) of an album with the MQA Master if it exists and also the Qobuz hi-res where available. A shame the 218s only go up to 96kHz on the Qobuz but it's wonderful to have all this at our fingertips. Previously I had to stream Qobuz over a Rasperry Pi if wanted to check out one of their masterings.
I had to restart the Roon Nucleus+ in order to get it to accept the update. For me Tidal had stopped working in Roon until it updated. All is well now.
www.cmbintegrations.com One step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse