logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Hi,

I haven't had my G68/G98 many days, and I try to learn one small piece of the whole picture at a time, now the time has come to SACD listening...

I have kept my Pioneer 575A player for the few SACD I have - I have several times more DVD-A records than SACD. The 575A is connect to the analog 5.1 in of the G68. It is a very decent player for the price, but the SACD playback on that player is very much lacking bass. Is there a way, and how would I then do, to affect what's coming in on the analogue input different from the other sources?


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
No.

The analog input is digitized, then treated as any other source.

Do you have the output on the Pioneer player set as Fixed, all speakers set to Large?

Cheers,


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Yes, I have those settings but it's a known deficiency in many combination players that the bass in 5.1 SACD (and to some extent DVD.A) is weak. Also, due to inadequate processing power, when playing the Metallica "Black" DVD-A album which has a lot of music info, it can't do any Bass Management. You either have to set all speakers to Large or all to Small.

In my old Denon amplifier I could have bass level dependent on input source...


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
I'm note sure on this Tommy, but I have a slight recollection that I did some DSP modes with different sub levels or MRC in them.. I think I just copied Discrete or something like it and modified it..

Not on your G68 though...

[This message has been edited by crion (edited 04-29-2005).]


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Thanks, John's answer is perfectly correct in that the audio is digitized and the neverything is forgotten about that it ever was in the system in analogue format, the question should have been clearer with less info from me [Linked Image from softronix.com]

So, the "real question" is: "How do I affect the signal depending on from which input source it is coming, in particular with regard to Bass Management"? I'll look at what crion is hinting at, if I don't get a guide in a while... [Linked Image from softronix.com]


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Well, what about setting the bass level up a bit for the source?

I know that's somewhat verboten, but if that's waht it takes to generate a pleasing sound for you...

Alternatively, this might be a solution except I think it's more expensive than your SA-CD player: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/marchandsubsonic.htm

Cheers,


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Thanks, I will test something like that. It's something like that which needs to be done, many combination players including mine doesn't play the SACD is it was intended to be played.


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425
Did you check the SACD settings on the Pioneer ? Maybe bass management is also done there.


G68J, HD621, ...
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Robbo:

He said he had all speakers set to Large, with subwoofer on earlier :-)

Best,


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Parky43007, Colin Triggs), 489 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 32 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8654 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 13:36:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS