|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498 |
If you add a G68J controller, the breadcrumb trail shows a setting for G68J Tuner Settings.
I didn't think that the J had a tuner ?!?!
Meridian G61R, HD621, DSP7200L+R, DSP3300C, DSP3200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606 |
dvdpete: Professionally I would call that an "unexpected feature" ![[Linked Image from softronix.com]](http://www.softronix.com/ubb/wink.gif)
Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training. --- 861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Now I have had a chance to play with "today's" version of the Mconfig program. I have fetched the setup fom my G68 and I have a few comments/issues. I have not uploaded the latest 1.3 firmware to the G68 yet.
- Do you have to have the 1.3 firmware for the new Mconfig to work correctly? - The graphical system layout page seem not to save connections to one of the 505 rear amps. One balanced connection is maintained to one amp and on to one rear speaker but the other is forgotten and before you can click "next" you have to manually restore the second connection. The second 505 is shown but not the connections. I have tried this in a newly created config file with the same result. - The fetch does recover the tuner settings but not the RC profiles from the G68. If I don't want to rerun the RC process, what do I do?
(No, I haven't deleted the old Mconfig yet)
Malcolm
[This message has been edited by malcolmw (edited 04-28-2005).]
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 10
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 10 |
I just loaded the new Mconfig program and tried to modify the settings for my g68xxv. I fetched my current settings, but when I tried to store the modifications I received an error message saying I was connected to a g68adv. What should I do now? I can't store into the g68.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
Hello again to you all I just uploaded my G68AXV after having problem with it at first. The G68ADV issue and no saving of setup.
This is how it worked.
1. I renamed the original folder where I have all past Meridian downloads, from Meridian to oldmeridian in my fav directory. I do not trust DL's or uninstalls to leave directories that have like names alone.
2. Then I uninstalled the current Meridian SW.
3. Then Installed the new Meridian SW directly from the web site. I selected only the items & manuals I needed. Meridian has all items selected so watch out, that would take forever to DL and or install. I did not save to a folder, cause of the earler problems.
4. When the install completed I went to Start/programs/Meridian/flash upload program.
5. I clicked the browse button and it took me right to the directory to pick 500 or G Series directory. I picked G Series/G68/ and then click on G68.MFP and made sure the correct com port was selected then clicked start. Just cause you download and install the program in the computer does not mean your done, you still have to install the upgrade to the unit to complete the update.
6. After the download was complete I started the wizard from the unit directly and picked reset all. When the types option started I pressed the up buttom till my saved settings showed up which was still there, that was a sirprise. It showed up after the types choices. Then I checked to see if my setting were there and they were, so I put the unit in standby via the front on/off button. Pressed display button to verify version 1.3. 7. Started the configure program on the computer as usual and it asked if I wanted it to fetch the G68AXV connected to com1 and not the ADV as it had before and I clicked yes and as they say, the rest is history. All my setting for all items including Radio stations were there. I have yet to do a room correction so I do not know if that is save as well. I had problems with setting up two REL subs with the old software.
Hope this helps some people because it was confusing to me at first.
hevac1
[This message has been edited by hevac1 (edited 04-29-2005).]
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
Seems like most things are transferred correctly in the new version...
I did an uninstall/directory delete on my portable and made the installation to a directory with a different name. Opened the .msl file and it looked about how it should. Some manual adjustments had been done on the G98 unit, so I fetched the config data from there and then stored it back to the G98, did the same with G68 even though I didn't remember any manual chanhe being done to it. Some connections that were deleted earlier were back, so I deleted them.
I then did the same on a desktop computer I have and transferred the mewly saved .msl file from the portable. The same thing occurred there, the S-Video connection G98-->Display was reinstated, even though I had deleted it and replaced it with the freshly delivered Component Cable from Marcus Cables.
About the Tuner: I have not actively listened to radio the last year, so I have no saved .mst file. I will buy an antenna cable and connect it to the cable radio wall plug. Will the G68 search for stations and store them, or do I need to locate a List of Radio Channels and enter them?
[This message has been edited by tommypeters (edited 04-29-2005).]
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Well, I finally plucked up courage to load the 1.3 firmware into the G98XXV. The first two files loaded OK but then, on the first of the DSP files, I got an error message about no reset response from unit within 10 seconds. Having had this on the G98 DSP upgrade I did a hard power on/off and quickly tried again. After a couple of tries, it worked and ran through the other DSP files OK except for the front display "Bad Code Combination" between each upload. Could it be the delay caused by displaying this message that causes the timeout on download failure?
I then re-typed and loaded my previous config setup (yes, it isn't wiped) from the front panel as I didn't want to use the new Mconfig program to download yet (see below). The system seems to work OK and the Presets still have RC profiles!
I then fetched the G98DH and G68XXV configs into a new file using the latest version of Mconfig. Oh dear, what a mess.
The problem I reported above about the non-retention of two rear analogue amps is still there - I have tested it with generic monoblocs, 505s etc with the same results.
The fetched properties of the G98 are all wrong - for example, MHR is not set on multichannel outputs and decode in player is off. (These are both set and visible in the old version of Mconfig)
The same type of problems exist in the G68 properties. For example, suddenly, I have lots of sources enabled that I don't have.
I think I will have to contact Meridian about some of these issues but -
IT ISN'T VERY USER FRIENDLY, IS IT.
Hevac
I am interested that when you loaded the Mconfig program it asked if you wanted to do a fetch. I don't get this. Are you using USB connection?
Malcolm
[This message has been edited by malcolmw (edited 04-30-2005).]
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
hello malcolm
I had problems also when I first tried the download. You must use the new flash upload to upload your unit before you do antthing else or all is a for nothing. I found I had to install new to make it work. Check your SW version with the display button. The fetch will happen when you start the config program. I am using the RS232 connection. Hope this helps. hevac1
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
1 members (Jocke),
265
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|