|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
From the above and other threads, do I gather that upgrading the firmware erases the RC profiles in the G68? If so, then all you should need to do is reload them - no need to re-run the setup sweeps.
Also, where are the individual volume settings for each radio channel (mentioned in the release notes) in the new Mconfig program?
Malcolm
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
Malcolm
No, the firmware update doesn't erase the RC DSPs on the 68. However, I haven't found a way of getting the filter data into new Mconfig in order e.g. to build new RC filters/profiles. Not such a big issue, I problably need to make some new mesasurements in any case.
Cliff
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606 |
The newer versions of MConfig are dramatically improved with their integration of the MRC measurement/calculation process that that's probably a good idea anyway ![[Linked Image from softronix.com]](http://www.softronix.com/ubb/wink.gif) Best,
Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training. --- 861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 16
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 16 |
Is the starting point to fetch an 861 program with the new configuration program or do the settings have to be entered manually?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606 |
Odyssey, The starting point is to retype, then upgrade the firmware. You'll need to start over on the 861 I'm sorry to say. After this though, I'm thinking you won't need to redo your config file from scratch again. That being said, once you get used to MConfig it really doesn't take too long to get things done ![[Linked Image from softronix.com]](http://www.softronix.com/ubb/smile.gif)
Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training. --- 861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1 |
Lipsync upgrade.. Ok so where is it!
Just downloaded firmware release 1.3 for my G68 and it won't let me increase lipsync above the previous limit of 30ms. Have I missed something? Gotta say that its a bit unnerving watching firmware downloads as they progress with a 'bad program' message that is until the final element! Anyone else managed to get the improved lipsync?
Rod
818v3, QNAP HS-453DX, Roon, 7200SE, ARCAM AVR380, REL B2, Panasonic BD 80, LG OLED, SBox Transporter, iPad, F80. Shunyata Delta NR power cables.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425 |
Did you do a MConfig update as well?
On my 1,5 months old G68J I can select >30ms on the unit itself, but not yet in MConfig.
G68J, HD621, ...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 240
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 240 |
Well for the 1st time now i have all the correct units in place as before my G68J was labeled as an ADV in the config menu so it all looks fine now "fingers crossed"... ![[Linked Image from softronix.com]](http://www.softronix.com/ubb/smile.gif)
John
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Having now sat in front of my computer for some time being confused, I have now found out why my post above seems to be a bit silly. I still have the original version of Mconfig on my machine in the directory \Meridian\Config with the icons in my start menu pointed to Mconfig.exe in this location.
The new version installs into the \Meridian\Mconfig directory but did not install new icons pointing here. I have thus been looking at the old version all along! DOH!
On fixing this, I agree with the comments from Cliff ref. the inability to read tuner settings and RC from files. I can't see how to import the profiles either.
Malcolm
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
A shining new MConfig it is! ![[Linked Image from softronix.com]](http://www.softronix.com/ubb/smile.gif) The update and RC was done from a friend's computer, what should I do to get all to my laptop? I just have the .msl file at the moment and the programs aren't updated.
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
Tommy, if you want to be absolutely sure that no old stuff interferes.. Uninstall all Meridian software and delete the old install directory. Then install this: http://www.Meridian-audio.com/download/setup.exe
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606 |
Tuner settings I can help you with.
As you get closer and closer to the end, there's a breadcrumb for tuner settings for G68 (or G91 in my case). You will have an option on that screen to Save settings or Load Settings. I think the file extension is .mst.
I believe that MRC data is stored within the MSL files these days, but I could be mistaken.
Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training. --- 861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
|
|
|
|
2 members (JCD, DE),
294
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|