I did a forklift upgrade on my DSP80000 to DSP8000SE and have not regretted that a single second.

I would say that the DSP8000SE's have the more 'modern' sound and transparency of Meridian. Compared to other passive speakers like Wilson, Magico, MBL and others you will have to account for the electronics to feed and power them. And that electronics can greatly influence the sound.

I have a fantastic dealer in the city who keeps all the High-End brands under one roof, apart from Meridian wink
The DSP8000 in the past and DSP8000SE current do hold their own and I am happy to own Meridian speakers. I find that the DSP8000SE are transparent and rather instant compared to most passive speakers. Easy to place providing you have the space.

And I also find that the big brands just go with higher and higher price-tags to cater for some uberrich clients and forgetting to provide the fullrange audio experience in the DSP8000SE price category (don't forget you need serious amps and even then it's hard to match the instant power of an active design), DSP8000SE have six 8" woofer in a sealed design plus high quality tweeter and midrange. That is a serious package and the brands in question would charge you an arm and leg to provide you with a such a complete and powerful fullrange design.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.