logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 … 11 12 13 14 15 16
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 696
Likes: 18
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 696
Likes: 18
Am I missing something here. I just run an optical cable from the TV to the processor. Works fine.

Isn't an UHD722 overkill for this. It's not like it's a lossless audio track from a Blu-ray where you HAVE to use a HD621 because of licensing issues.

How many devices actually support DTS-HD etc. beyond Blu-ray players?

I'm asking this out of genuine interest, not to start a war of words.

Thanks
Greg


M owner since '97
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660
Likes: 30
GMT Offline
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660
Likes: 30
I don't think you are missing anything here, but it's such an obvious feature to have that it will feel as if M have missed something if its not included.


Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server)
Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200
F80
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Some of the new TVs are now supporting Dolby True HD and Atmos etc.
Obviously on the TV this is a bit overkill, but it means as the streaming services add these codecs you are now able to pass the lossless audio back to your receiver/processor/UHD722.

How would you get these into your Meridian processor if the Monitor out doesn't support ARC in?


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by gIzzE
Obviously on the TV this is a bit overkill, but it means as the streaming services add these codecs you are now able to pass the lossless audio back to your receiver/processor/UHD722.

How would you get these into your Meridian processor if the Monitor out doesn't support ARC in?
Don't you need eARC (enhanced ARC)support for lossless on the audio return channel? standard ARC is just a single SPDIF's worth of data. of course, I'd love it if the UHD722 supported eARC...


Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K
Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold
Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Yeah 8 channels, 192 kHz, 24 bits with eARC.



No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
My UHD722 is also ordered at AV-Emotions Switzerland. I'm looking forward to go to the projector with only one HDMI cable. So far, 4K is using a cable from the Oppo 203 and AppleTV-4K to the SONY beamer. and a second cable connects all the other sources of the HD621's.
A lot of money for an HDMI switch/splitter, but I assume it will work fine with the M-Comm's! The long wait has its price; -)


M since 1980 - Series 100! Main: 861v8, 818v3, UHD722, 2-DSP8000SE, DSP5500HC, 4-DSP6000 S, DSP6000 R, Oppo 203 4K, MacMini M1 16GB-Roon 4TB SSD, NVIDIA Shield, Sony VPL-VW500-4K, Samsung OLED 77-4K, iPad Pro, Turntable: Acoustic-Solid Royal/Ortofon SPU Royal N, PPA Quad P24
2.: G92DAB, 2-DSP3100,3-DSP33, M1500, MacMini+Explorer2 3TB SSD, MS200-Roon
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
When I look at rear picture of the UHD722 in the UHD722 Data Sheet I can’t see any Comms like I have on my HD621. Does this mean that I will have start and turn off the UHD722 and 861 individually and not as I have today, handling both units from 861?


Meridian 861v8, UHD722, B&W 803D3/HTM1D3, Mcintosh MC452/Classé CA-5300, Transparent Super G5/Ultra MM2, Velodyne DD-12 Plus, JVC-7000, Isotek Aquarius, OPPO-BDP 105
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 3
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 3
SpeakerLink has comms. Perhaps it will use that?


various components
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
The SpeakerLink connection carries the comms.

For those without SpeakerLink equipment a custom cable should be all that’s required to hook it up.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Would the EMMHR connection carry Meridian comms so avoiding an incipient spaghetti-fest for those using it with the G65 or 861v8.


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Unlike SpeakerLink there’s no Comms channel on the MMHR RJ45 port.

Last edited by Carl; 2018-02-15 22:48. Reason: ‘E’ for enhanced) removed

861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
That seems a little clunky/remiss.

Also why are we calling it EMMHR now?


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Page 13 of 16 1 2 … 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 40 (0.028s) Memory: 0.8933 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 16:59:04 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS