I've never run my 218 with a processor but have used it as a Roon endpoint feeding 6Ks and now a pair of very revealing analogue speakers through an integrated amp. In both cases I find the sound to be excellent with both MQA and non MQA material. With the 6Ks I couldn't tell the difference between my 818v3 and the 218 with any material I tried. The 818v3 is gone now so I can't compare the two on analogue material but I have been told by a reliable source that the 818 and 218 use the same DAC chip. Obviously there is more to a DAC than the chip but that's still pretty impressive for such an inexpensive little box. I think I would have to spend a lot of money (dCS, Berkeley, etc.) to do much better.
Ken
Main: G68J, 5K2s, 5Ks, HSU subs, Pio 151FD, Dish VP722, Roku, Wadia I70, Anti Mode Dual Core, Oppo 103D Vanity Lite Office: SBT, Berkeley Alpha DAC 2/MQA, Magico S3 Mk II, Boulder 2060, Lumin U1 Mini streamer, Roon.
|