logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 15 16
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 162
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 162
I didn't have this luck with my HD621, I had to change the board, it costed me couple of years ago more than what is Meridian offering for it ...

I still don't understand the use of this switch. I stream music, I stream TV (4K cable Box), I stream movies (Netflix and other paid providers) and I don't own a Bluray player (and never will). In what sense would I benefit from this UHD722? If you could help, maybe I am mistaken here.


G65, 598DP, UHD722, DSP5200SE Front LR&C, Cable TV, Pioneer Kuro LX509
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
If you own a HD621 the basic switching functionalty is the same. The UHD722 will pass 4k HDR, HDMI 2.0, and HDCP 2.2 which the HD621 will not.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 3
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 272
Likes: 3
Sapiens, you are like me. Need some ARC functionality. I currently route the sound from my TV using ARC to my Oppo and then from the Oppo to my HD621. For me the UHD722 won’t offer much (other than looks) on top of this as the Oppo has two HDMI outputs.


various components
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Likes: 7
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Likes: 7
Have followed this thread with interest particularly Rick's ability to provide connectivity from Trinnov DB25 to DSP RJ45s. I'm afraid a new Trinnov / 271 solution is beyond my means at the mo.

Just felt I needed to add my thoughts to Mat's re ownership of M kit. Had my HD621 and the rest of the M kit for a number of years now and very happy with my Meridian system. Hadn't realised when I got Sky Q that 4k wouldn't go through the HD621 so I've been waiting for the UHD722 and am happy with the trade in offer. The 722 will do what I require for Sky Q 4k and Oppo 203 (when I pick one up from Rick). The 722 may be a bit pricey but it's bespoke M kit and with the trade-in it's good value (IMHO of course).

Only had one minor psu fault with a previous G61R but Rick sorted me out quickly with a replacement.

As Mat says this may not be everbody's views but I'm happy with it and more importantly my wife appreciates the whole setup as well!

Cheers
Bob


861v8, UHD722v2, 5200s, 5200HCSEup, M6s, 3200s, DSW, Sony 55A95L, Oppo 203, Sky Q Silver
Samsung QE43Q65B, Oppo 105 & Sky Q Mini
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 297
Likes: 8
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 297
Likes: 8
Now I may be being thicker than a whale omelette but what other sources do you have? Why can't you just route the Sky Q though the HDMI input on the Oppo 203 and use it's HDMI audio output into the HD621? At the worst case you might need an extra HDMI cable but surely you can find one for less than the £1500 UHD722 upgrade cost???


Sources: MS600, Fidelity Audio Reference Oppo UHD-203, Roon/QNAP, AppleTV 4K
Processors: Arcam AV40, 271 x2, Lumagen 5348 with Keces P8
Speakers: DSP7200SE FL/FR, DSP5200SE VC, DSP3200 x11, DSP320.2 VOG, DSW x4
Display: JVC DLA-N7 with PK-EM2, Panamorph Phoenix Pro, 128" 2.37 Curved Silver Ticket AT Screen
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Likes: 7
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Likes: 7
Yes I fully realise that but didn't put it in the post...
I may have future 4k sources.
Just trying to be friendly with my post...


861v8, UHD722v2, 5200s, 5200HCSEup, M6s, 3200s, DSW, Sony 55A95L, Oppo 203, Sky Q Silver
Samsung QE43Q65B, Oppo 105 & Sky Q Mini
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
AU$3499 trade in value here until April 30th then it goes back up to AU$4999.



Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 250
Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 250
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by Craig
AU$3499 trade in value here until April 30th then it goes back up to AU$4999
Where did you see that @Craig?


Main system: 818v3, 861v6, HD621, Oppo 103D, DSP8000PP, DSP7200SE HC, DSP3200, SGR Sub
Family room: HD621, 861v6, DSP5200 L/C/R
Headphones: Schiit Mjolnir v1, Sennheiser HD800; (office) iFi iDSDPro, Focal Elegia
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 135
Likes: 1
Mr Home Theatre in Melbourne


Theatre Room: Sony 4K VW500ES, 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000's, DSP5000C, DSP5000's, Oppo 205, Sat STB, XBox One X, Stewart Cinemascope Screen, QNAP TVS 1271U-RP (96TB) with Sooloos/Roon core pkg.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Flatpanels HD interview with HDMI Forum about 2.1 features addable via firmware

Quote
When FlatpanelsHD met HDMI Forum’s CEO Rob Tobias and Marketing Director Brad Bramy at CES 2018, the team highlighted VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), QMS (Quick Media Switching) and eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) as examples of features that can be added via a firmware update.
As a reminder, these are the official descriptions for VRR, QMS and eARC.

Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank screens before content is displayed.
eARC simplifies connectivity, provides greater ease of use and supports the most advanced audio formats and highest audio quality. It supports objects-based audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 162
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 162
Hello Crion,

Are you saying that all these features will be available in the UHD722?

Thanks


G65, 598DP, UHD722, DSP5200SE Front LR&C, Cable TV, Pioneer Kuro LX509
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
I'm not sure he is, as the UHD722 only appears to have HDMI 2.0 rather than 2.1.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Page 7 of 16 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 15 16

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ncpl), 458 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 40 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8944 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:32:08 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS