I use the Trinnov Amethyst/Meridian 861 duo for my three front channels (8k).
Roon can run over the ID40, the 218 or the Amethyst.

The audio chain is 218 with SL into the 861 and via custom adapter cables(SL to XLR and RCA) into the Amethyst. Then with adapter-cables from XLR and RCA from the Amethyst to the speakers.

The comms and serial part of the SL cables from the 861 are split and bypass the Trinnov and get then combined after the Amethyst with the audio output of the Amethyst so finally SL/ethernet cables run to the speakers.

I am just thinking over if I should make a easy smart solution for that, but untill the 271 is out, it make no sense. Of course it depend also on the price of the 271.

As far I understand, the 271 is mainly the same as the caible solution, means the Trinnov volume should be untouced and the communication for the volume and other control runs simply through the 271, so it’s mechanical mainly a connector adapter for DSP speakers.

It make no sense to use the Trinnov volume as the volume control in the DSP is the better concept.


800v3/218/271/8k.2/5k5s smile /5kC/DSP3200/Reviver/
TT-ELP/Graham Slee Revelation/Trinnov Altitude 32/OPPO 205
__Ayon/HB/Shunyata/Miltzow -- power cables,
__Ayon/Jungson/Miltzow --analog, Miltzow-- digital,
__Vortex/WMA ,