logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by Mel_Moon
I find your post to be very interesting. You talk about affordability of M gear yet you drive a Land Rover which certainly in no Kia Sorrento, it comes down to priorities. Also of note is that you are bringing up grievances about products you do not own nor by your own admission, intend to own.
So that's a fair statement. I have mostly been a second-hand buyer, my DSP speakers, G68 and 568, and indeed Land Rover were second-hand, but I *think* my HD621 was new... it's been a long time since I sold it, never mind bought it. But then again, the second-hand buyers allow the new buyers to buy new stuff...

Right now, I should be looking at some great second-hand bargains of all the new stuff they put out 5 years ago. but if I bought a G65, how different would the experience be than the G68 I used to have? I'd have to re-buy a HD621 and the processor would be functionally almost identical. I mean it was a great processor and probably the best sounding system I've owned, but time has moved on.

I'm in a much better position to become more seriously invested in M these days, and I gave some serious consideration to both a new system or a better second-hand one but I don't think it's right for me.

I think with M it's all about the speakers. The speakers are the big star and I enjoyed mine and I've listened to several others in the range and they've all been good. The other products don't seem (to me) to get anywhere near the same attention.

I was never a big fan of vinyl and the whole digital pathway thing struck a chord with me and still does. There is so much opportunity in the digital space to do very cool and innovative things and M has a history of doing exactly that, which is why I think I find this current lack of any progress all very disappointing.


Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K
Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold
Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by _M_
PPS i believe that most everyone if not everyone here in this forum are huge champions of this brand and only want the company to thrive and release the very best products, as they have been for close to 25yrs.
Absolutely! I would love to see them do well and they've got the experience and talent to do well but direction and strategy seems to be lacking.

But I guess I'm not a product director for a major audio firm, so what do I know?


Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K
Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold
Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 153
Likes: 18
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 153
Likes: 18
My comments concerning equipment comments versus owned comes from all avalable information in their signature lines which is not conjecture. It would be conjecture had I directed equipment comments at you as your signature line offers no description but a picture posted by you does tell part of the story.

Why would I need to step up to DSP8000, as they have not been discussed in this thread besides when I mentioned what others have paid to have MQA. You make the statement that M has not upgraded their flagship speakers, did you forget about the DSP8000SE upgrade kit. I can tell from the photo of you system you have not purchased one.


Trinnov Alt32, 271, 808v6, DSP5200SE, DSP7200.2HC, M6, QNAP TS451, 218 various other bits.
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 126
_M_ Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 126
that's an old picture. but keep up that conjecturing.

i was being facetious re: you stepping up as function of you criticizing people's opinions based on what "investment" they made.

i'm bowing out of this now. happy new year to all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 491 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 23 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8428 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 08:17:54 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS