Because the Prime with PSU offers MQA up to 192 kHz and USB input for his MacMini with Roonserver. Furthermore, Stereo could sound even better than Stereo via the 568.2 MM (That's at least my experience: the Pre-AMP function of my G91A is amazingly enough by far not as good as my Prime/PSU combo).
Some 2 channel Pre-Amps have a “Home Theater Bypass” for “proper” hook up between an Amp and a preamp. As far as I know the prime has no such bypass. So when using G91A you are going through two preamp stages. And knowing Meridian, their input on prime converts it to digital. So you go through extra A/D and D/A.
So yeah if you “A/B” G91A to Prime in that setup of course prime will win because you put the G91A at a disadvantage. I’m sure it will work and for movies probably not a big deal. But it’s generally not a good idea.
If prime has a true home theater bypass (i.e. a input to output relay or switch to shunt input to output) I stand corrected.