I'm really surprised there hasn't been more reaction to this, even given this is an M forum.
Is LG making a bold move, making a loss to dominate the high end market at this size or have they been able to significantly cut costs - maybe through opening another plant.
Or perhaps they have struck some kind of deal with Sevenoaks for future product exclusivity in return for a significant contribution to the price reduction.
Or is there a more sinister reason at play that longer term quality isn't quite what it should be and there's no fix so sell them off as quick as possible.
I am still a little sceptical as there is no chatter anywhere I have found on the web - and even Sevenoaks are not advertising this price.
Very interesting and indeed tempting but I'm trying to resist as have my heart set on the 85-88 inch market where I suspect it will still be some time before we see an OLED and I don't feel others have quite cracked it yet with LCD.
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|