|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
Ok, simple. It is a bad idea to use SpeakerLink coiled up due to much length. I can say that the difference with non coiled up, proper length Cat6a patch cable is "dramatic". Ok, well that is too much audiphile speak, but I do experience a more holographic music stage. The Black (!) tombstones vanish, eerie.
My next step is that I will now buy the correct length that I need and leave the SL as spare part collecting dust. Or I buy some Telegartner RJ45 connectors and patch them on my left over Cat7 home network orange colored cable. (I will call them Jenever, the better Dutch version of Vodka.)
Cheers! An interesting test before swapping the cables would have been to pull the SL cables out so that they were uncoiled to see if there was any sonic improvement. (Do you still have the SL cables?) Cheers Tom
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|