|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
Is anyone running Touch PC with an MD600?
... and for anyone who is, is there anyone also running it on 'BT fibre to the home' infrastructure? No but I am running TouchPC and MD600 with BT Infinity and a Home Hub 4. Do you mean ACTUAL FTTH or FTTC being sold as fibre?
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2 |
Yep, I'm a genuine FTTH customer - had the unfortunate experience of confirming the hard way when there was an error with my service and ended up being passed through 4 separate people before someone finally said ah, you need to be speaking with the FTTH section!
Trying to rule things out I hooked my PC up directly to the new netgear switch I installed, hoping this would eliminate any possible network conflicts but oddly the MD600 dropped off the network - confirmed by running the Sooloos config tool despite numerous reboots. The only way I could get it back was to disconnect my PC from Ethernet and go back to wifi. So I had the MD600, MS600 and PC all hardwired through the same switch, then connected to my smarthub router and I couldn't even run Control:PC as I had no core. Back to wifi and Control:PC works fine but still no TouchPC.
I'll consider any other ideas on offer and a premium partner to see if they can prize out of M what TouchPC needs that Control:PC doesn't and maybe approach the problem that way.
Cheers, Simon
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
When you have VM router in modem mode you typically need a router in between your modem and the rest of your devices. Your router should provide LAN services regardless of the internet working or not. If you use VM router as a modem you should only expect one device to work with it.
Cheers Tom.
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2 |
Swapped out my BT Smarthub for my Netgear D6300 router no probs but still no joy with TouchPC. I've ruled out so many things now. My Netgear router was working fine in my home at my previous address with TouchPC so there is either something about FTTH or an issue with the MD600 - I never used the MD600 as a core before as my C15 was the core until it died.
Can anyone check if their Control:PC and touch PC try to use the same IP address despite being DHCP - not sure if this is part of the problem.
The mystery continues. Simon
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2 |
I believe Russ has very kindly cracked it for me. The MD600 core is running Sooloos version 2.394 which pre-dates TouchPC. Now just have to see if I can get through to M to force a software update as it doesn't want to update itself. Will update when I am up and running 
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
I presume the Core is registered with M?
Sometimes rebooting the system and waiting a few hours works with an update. Failing that a word with a friendly dealer and supplying them with your Core’s MAC address should solve it.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
179
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|