It seems unlikely that over the years all the tracks on the album were 44.1. Indeed that would contradict what Bob said about finding the original original master and then MQA that. On the other hand they have thousands of albums to get through so it's down to some graduate engineers and a young producer to get it done. Hopefully like wth ADD and 24bit and some other waves prior, when things settle down, they will go back and mine the archives for the original originals and issue those.

I'm still a little hazy about how MQA can be better at 44.1. It's same as CD FLAC no ? But I must say on the right recording like Solti's Walkure, it's pretty stunning.

Other abnormalities irk me: Don McLean American Pie album has 2 tracks that are not MQA for me when I play it - American Pie and Vincent. I mean of all the tracks !!