I load albums by ripping (usually XLD) and importing through Control:Mac and recently started using WAV rather than FLAC. The metadata is almost always found by XLD, even if the album cover is not.

In the past Sooloos would occasionally come up with the metadata for some totally unrelated album, which was not a big issue. Now it seems to be producing Hispanic artists and titles that bear no relationship to the actual album for everything.

I tried making it look up the metadata in Control:Mac but it simply repeats the error, including the album cover. They are either very new releases or unusual labels (ECM, Reprise). However, when I revert to using FLAC, everything is fine, with the metadata and album cover all correct.

An odd glitch since I thought Sooloos was happy with both formats.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I looked back and did not see it.


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500