Originally Posted by Borbarad
Hmmm... The PSU and Prime are dead quiet. No hummmmm or else.
Originally Posted by Hector
My Prime and PSU are silent in standby and when operational. No issues here.
Ok, so how silent is silent and dead quiet?

Replacement power supply has a hum. Not tried it in same room or different mains circuit as before, and I don't think it's as noticeable as the original (which I could hear humming a few meters away), but probably would not want to sleep with it beside me - which was always an option.

I'll probably end up bringing it into work again - different county let alone ring main...

I've got a feeling that I may be hyper sensitive to low frequency hum. My wife cannot hear our ventilation system at home and she is the one who claims to have the better hearing, but I can hear and locate the quiet low frequency hum from some vents - I'm not confusing this with noise from the Prime - I can hear and differentiate both at the same time. Bit of a pain when I have mostly permanent high frequency tinnitus and SWMO's dulcet mid tones nattering away - no escaping the noise...

I'm hoping that it's a noisy batch of PSU's though.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).