Just sharing something about open back headphones.

I loaned them to my nearest coworker.

I could barely hear them standing 5 feet away. I could not hear them at all in my cube. Which is maybe 10 feet with a partition between.

What was cool though is when I call her for something I usually have to yell, because I need to cut through her closed back headphones. But she could hear me with normal voice with my open back headphones.

So in the end these are BETTER for the office than closed backs.

She listens a lot lower than I do though.

P.S. I ordered a Chord MOJO USB/DAC/Amp in addition to the iFI iDSD BL.

The reviews were too consistently good on the mojo to not try it. I'm concerned it won't have enough juice though with 600 ohm impedance.

Should have ifi Wednesday and Mojo Thursday.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2