I'd like to add my voice to the 'sitting on my wallet' band wagon.

My G68ADV failed its SMPS late last year. Of course, it was not content with going solo, so it took numerous adjacent bits along for the ride. It is sitting at the repair shop currently with estimates for repair and repair + LPS upgrade. I am torn as to whether to put any money into it given all of the uncertainty and failures to deliver on past promises from M. I've thought a little on getting a G65 or used 861 v6/v8. At this point though, a used Classe CT-SSP or Bryston SP3 looks a lot more compelling.

It seems that a number of folks who were long term M owners have also jumped ship, Kal being a recent high profile example. I doubt he would have done so if he thought the 861v8 was still state of the art or that there was an upgrade on the horizon to get there.

There's clearly equity here in folks who really want M to succeed; so sad to see it being squandered.


Cheers, Ian

1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4
2. 808.6, 8kSE
3. 218, 3200's
4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system
5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD