Backplane of 861 has supposedly been a 32ch design from the start if I remember a senior M officer correctly.

Now what they actually use in their cards might be a different number but they have experimented with height speakers before. And ofcourse the CPU/GPU/DSP/whatever's architecture could use some beefing up to current times..


Regarding HD621 4K/Atmos upgrade. I remember reading a slip of the tounge mentioning an updated version of the HD621 HDMI processor coming summertime in 2017 in a CI magazine/site. I don't know if it was subsequently "corrected" but I can't find it any longer.. But I don't think it was a dream. wink


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.