Crion,
Is that your theater? Very nice!

I echo many of everyone's sentiments and I've shared my concerns with people at Meridian over the past year. Why does anyone buy any premium or luxury brand? Typically the brand is based upon some kind of leadership. As I've said before, I can remember when Meridian made their own Dolby Digital decoder in software!

While I'm not super interested in Atmos, I think there is a real risk to Meridian (or anyone) if they are not exhibiting leadership. They don't have to be the first, but they should be the "best".

As a casual observer these days, it seems to me Meridian focused much more on MQA than other areas. That is their choice, but they really need to get to focusing back on the HT side. The 861 is getting long in the tooth. I don't know if you can say its really its in the leadership position like it used to be. Remember when they did room correction for the first time? They also had the first way to get digital audio off DVD-A.

It pains me to say this because I love my Meridian gear, I've had DSP 8000s since mid 2001, but if you ask me right now I would not say its exactly a dead end but I would think long and hard about building a big dollar Meridian system.

I would like to see Meridian restore the 861 (or its successor if there is one) to its rightful place which is at the leadership position in the industry.

I also think I should make a counter point which is, I spent a lot of money many years ago now on my Meridian gear and its still going strong and sounds fantastic. So in my case its been a great investment.

But please, Meridian, give us something that ties everything together, to be inspired by, to dream about.


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.